Thank you Anita for allowing me to translate your
intermediate PSP users
Done with PSP X but can be done with other PSP versions
Patry kindly gave her permission to use her wonderful tubes in this tutorial.
Thank you Patry.
Patry’s website here.
You will need :
The zip file (font "japanese" and lights preset) here
An oriental woman dressed in red and black tube
An oriental script tube
The plugins FM Tile Tools – Xero – Filters Unlimited 2.0 –
Put your plugins in your pluginq folder
Put the lights preset in your PSP presets folder
Put the tubes in the folder of your choice
Let’s get started
Open your tubes and duplicate them. Close the original images. We
will be working with the duplicated ones
- Open a new image – 1054 x 450 px – transparent
- In your Material Properties palette : foreground : #541705 and
backgroud : #d72221. Create a foreground gradient with these
Flood fill your image with this gradient
- Go to Adjust => Blur => Gaussian blur : 50
- Go to Effects => plugings => FM Tile Tools : Blend Emboss (default
- Effects => plugins => Filters Unlimited 2.0 => Colors Filters : Blue
Sky with these settings
- Go to Image => flip
- Effects => Distorsion effects => Skipy Halo with this settings :
- Open the woman’s tube. Right click on the image => copy and paste as new layer on your working image.
- Image => resize to 80% ((all layers not selected)
- Adjust => sharpness => sharpen
- Effects => 3D effects => drop shadow : 4 / 5 / 28 / 20 - black
- Move the tube to the left side of your working image (as shown on the finished top)
- In the layer palette duplicate the tube. Go to Image => mirror
- Open your oriental scripting tube. Copy and past as new layer on your working image.
- Image => resize to 70% (all layers not selected)
- Add same drop shadow as step 13.
- Move the tube until it is placed between the two women’s faces (as shown on the finished top). In the layers palette => merge visible layers
- Effects => plugins => Mock : Bevel with this setting
- Select the transparent fine lines created by the plugin Mock (see screenshot below)
- With your foreground colour #541705 flood fill the selection. Selections => select none
- Selections => select all. Selections => modify => contract 20 px. Selections => invert. Add a new layer
- Flood fill the new layer with your gradient
- Effects => Image effects => seamless tiling with these settings
- Effects => plugins => FM Tile Tools : Blend Emboss (default settings)
- Effects => 3D Effects => Inner Bevel with these settings
- Selections => select none. Add a new layer
- Using the Japanese font with your Text tool write your name (keep the gradient foreground for the stroke) with the following settings
- Add same drop shadow as step 13. Layers palette : Merge all
- Effects => Illumination effects => Lights. Look for the preset « Yuna_oriental » in the presets window and apply.
- Adjust => Hue and saturation => Hue – Saturation and Brightness settings as below
- Effects => plugins => Xero : Porcelain with these settings
- File => Export => JPG optimizer.
You are done !
I hope you enjoy
doing this tutoriel.
SilmarilDesigns - May 21st 2006