© X-clusive Designz - July 2006
Thank you Lien for allowing me to translate your tutorials.
I have created all the tubes that are used here.
May I point out that the tubes used here are strictly for personal use.
Do not change their names and watermarks and do not upload them on other websites.
Should you need to use these tube for an other use than personal,
please contact me first.
For advanced PSP X users
You will need :
the zip file here
MURA'S MEISTER - XERO - PHOTO AGEING KIT - FILTERS UNLIMITED 2.0 here and here
Put the plugins in your plugins filters. Open PSP, go to effects => plugins => Filters Unlimited 2.0. There click on "import" and select the photo ageing kit plugins. Now the photo ageing kit plugin is ready for further use.
Put the mask in your PSP masks folder
Put the tubes and the brush in a folder of your choice. Open your PSP. File => import => custom brush. Open the folder where you have stored the brush and select it. Click on "add" and OK.
- Open your tubes and put them aside
- New image 640 x 480 px - transparent
- Select a colour for your foreground. Here I used #5a719c. (Lien's original lesson : #f8f0c2). Backgroud : #ffffff. Effects => plugins => Mura's Meister : Clouds (default settings).
- : Add a new layer. Selections => select all. Open the tube "Silmaril_portLaRochelle_misted_2006_07". Copy and paste into selection in your working image. Adjust => sharpness => unsharp mask : 1 / 64 / 4. Layers palette => opacity 91 and blend mode : Luminance legacy. Selections => select none.
- : Open the tube "Silmaril_oldfisherman_misted_2006_07". Copy and paste as new layer in your working image. Slightly move the tube towards the right side. Image => resize : 140% (Here I resized my tube to 120% because of the size of my tube) Layers palette => opacity 43 and blend mode : Luminance legacy
- Open the tube "Silmaril_scottishcottages_misted_2006_07". Copy and paste as new layer in your working image. Move the tube towards the lower right corner. Layers palette => opacity 67 and blend mode : Luminance legacy
- Open the tube "Silmaril_novascotia_lighthouse2_misted_2006_07". Copy and paste as new layer in your working image. Move the tube towards the upper left corner. Layers palette => opacity 62 and blend mode : Luminance legacy
- Open the tube "Silmaril_fishingship_misted_2006_07". Copy and paste as new layer in your working image. Slightly move the tube in the middle and down. Layers palette => opacity 73 and blend mode : Luminance legacy
- Layers palette : merge visible. Effects => plugins => Xero => porcelain with these settings :
- Effects => plugins => Filters Unlimited 2.0 => photo ageing kit : old colour. (It's up to your liking. Here I used these settings : 14 / 23 / 129)
Effects => plugins => Filters Unlimited 2.0 => Photo Ageing kit : Dust and scratches
- Layers palette : duplicate. Visibility toggle of the copy off. Go back to the layer "merged". Adjust => blur => gaussian blur : 1
- Add a new layer. Flood fill with the colour #2d2726. Layers => Load/save mask => load mask from disk. Select the "25-msk" mask. Invert transparency checked. Layers => merge group. Layers Palette => merge visible
- Visibility toggle of layer "Copy of merged" on. Image => resize 85%.
Adjust => sharpness => unsharp mask : 1 / 64 / 4
- Selections => select all. Selections => float. Selections => defloat. Add a new layer
- Flood fill the selection with #b3aead. Selections => modify => contract : 1px. Delete. Selections => select none. Layers palette => merge down.
- Adjust => brightness and contrast : brightness 5 - contrast 10. Effects => 3D effects =>
drop shadow : 3 / 3 / 80 / 10
- Add a new layer. With your brush tool apply the "LG-brush-reflections" brush - wet look paint checked - colour #2d2726 (as I prefered a smaller brush I have resized the brush layer to 80% and move it towards the right border as shown on the finished tag)
- Add a new layer. Add your name with the text tool
- File => export => JPG optimizer
You are done !
I hope you enjoyed doing this tutorial.
translated by SilmarilDesigns, August 5th 2006